In a hurry to make a difference but your mind not working like it used to?
Are you plagued by endless worries, poor concentration and negative self-talk that paralyzes your every move?
What's the common factor?
Your nervous system. It's likely overburdened and underfunctioning.
If you experience even two of the following items in any box, let me suggest a solution.
1. Less control over your thoughts?
2. Anxiety is up?
3. Emotionally reactive?
MIND & EMOTIONS
Control Your Mind and Reduce Emotional Reactivity
Using the Latest in Neuroscience
DeCoding the Brain
. . . a science-based solution for optimizing brain performance
Turned my life around
“I have a most wonderful life and I love it!” This is the shortest way of me expressing how timely, fitting, tailor made, completely appropriate and helpful your program was and is, and (I am sure of it) will be. It has helped me turn my life around, make lasting changes to the quality of my life, and you have most certainly kept your initial promise!"
Move from negative states of mind . . .
DeCoding the Brain
. . . a revolutionary system for increasing your brain power
- A password protected, Psychologist-designed program for improved focus and productivity.
- Online Program developed by Psychologist Dr. Susan LaCombe and fine-tuned by feedback from over 600 users since 2012.
- Core ideas delivered over 4 months;
- Continuing content follows with access for as long as you're a member;
- Dozens of actionable steps to fit individualized needs;
- Many interactivity elements to enhance experiential learning;
- Complete with learning objectives, fun quizzes and bonus courses (when tasks are completed);
- Appeals to many learning styles; it's a comprehensive collection of videos, podcasts, articles, downloadable cheat sheets and even an online workbook.
Not only does this program offer the tools and strategies for shifting out of these states, (including user-friendly explanations from neuroscience of WHY you're dealing with these problems in the first place), it has several accountability tools to keep you on track.
INTERACTIVITY, ACCOUNTABILITY & EXPERIENTIAL LEARNING
Being able to absorb what you're learning—especially in regards to applying that knowledge—is usually made much easier when you interact with the material. For this reason, your Program includes several ways to track your progress and keep you inspired. Aside from the quizzes, progress bars and interactive pages, these elements below were created to keep you on track.
1. The purpose of this program is for you feel better NOW. Deepening your understanding of why you're feeling better is secondary to that first purpose.
So while there's plenty of material available to you, the focus is not in getting through it all. Sometimes you'll just jump inside to find the right exercise to deal with a negative or nasty state. After all, feeling much better—even if you don't know why—is the ultimate goal.
However, for those left-brainers out there 🙂 once you do complete the coursework for any given month, we wanted to reward you. And just to make it fun, each time you get to pick from among several topic-specific Bonus Courses.
2. Easy-to-do Challenge courses. The Challenges are friendly prompts to use your tools daily (and gain points for Bonuses). You'll find it handy to have all the exercises listed in one place as a reminder of what's available to you.
3. As well, you also have an Online Workbook to record your roadblocks, successes and to note the events that you find challenging. This feature comes in handy as it's not always easy to keep track of events that might be triggering. You can use your workbook as a starting place from which to unpack a trigger (ie. getting at the true source of the trigger and the ideal healing scenario that helps you move beyond it).
4. When you're trying to establish new habits, it's motivating to see how much you've changed from where you started from. The Tracker Tool is something you'll look forward to doing each week—and it only takes a minute of your time. This feature keeps a record each time you record your current physiological state.
Even using The Tracker Tool the one time, is an eye-opener. You'll be amazed to learn how many so called "symptoms" are merely variations of ONE problem. (Yes, you don't have a gazillion issues to deal with—working on your nervous system solves many issues—even things you thought you had to deal with for the rest of your life. NOT.
5. Finally, every page offers a place to record notes - with the click of a button. Here you can record insights and questions about your growth in relation to the topic you're reading. Many members use this feature to copy verbatim relevant passages. (Your notes are listed on one page in your Workbook.)
6. NEW FEATURE. 1:1 Asynchronous Coaching. Sometimes, you have a burning question and can't wait to find the answer. That's when 1:1 coaching comes in handy. You can get your question answered personally. Receive a personalized video response from Dr. LaCombe to your video, audio or written question. You can continue to use this feature as long as you have sufficient bonus points. (Note that you have unlimited use of this feature if you are a coaching client of Dr. LaCombe's)
By the way, you can choose how much Dr. LaCombe will be involved in your journey. The technical platform is organized so Dr. LaCombe can visually see how you're doing. (This is particularly useful if you're a consulting client of Dr. LaCombe's)
The core of the content in DeCoding the Brain* is delivered sequentially over 4 months so you're never overwhelmed. With lots of tips and strategies for dealing with different types of mindsets, you'll always know exactly what tool to use to get you out of a negative state.
(Access and motivational information and inspirational case studies continues afterwards.)
[DeCoding the Brain was previously known as the BCP or the Brain Coaching Program]
How to be Clear-Headed & Anxiety-Free
- Discover a new cutting-edge, science-based model for optimizing brain performance (that handily helps to reset your emotional well being).
- Work somatically (ie. via the body) and discover how subtle shifts—from negative into the positive—begins to de-clutter your mind. Then notice how prioritizing tasks becomes second nature.
- Learn how to move out of feeling numb and/or blocked to feeling settled within yourself. Then watch as your concentration soars.
- Avoid going "blank" in your mind by reducing muscular tension and creating a feeling of settledness that feels skin-deep.
- Discover the #1 tool for reducing overwhelm and feeling muddled anytime of day.
Get Back to Your Comfort Zone
(The on-the-spot solution when you can't focus.)
- Develop skills for shifting out of muscular tension and into letting go and feeling calmer.
- Learn to use several tools in combination for clearing brain fog.
- Modulate mood swings that send you—on one day—into anxiety and panic—and the next having trouble getting off the couch.
- Source triggers at their root so they don't come back (ie. with Do-Overs, Dark Side Rant and Trigger Work)
- Finally, get a good night's sleep.
Master Tough Emotions
(The long-term strategy for distracted thinking.)
- Power down anger and frustration (so it doesn't get under your skin)
- Wind down fidgetiness so it's no longer a bother.
- Shift a low energy state into an uplifted state by using 'follow the tired'.
- Tame flashbacks in a way that reduces the risk of a relapse.
- Develop memory reconsolidation techniques for triggering and/or traumatic events.
- Discover how positive, awe inspiring and exciting moments improves the ANS and ultimately, your cognitive functioning.
Support a Higher Version of Yourself
(By far the most effective way to improve peak time concentration.)
- Discover how merely clearing a few "issues" dramatically improves ANS functioning including the development of more leniency towards yourself.
- Probe the power of your inner workings and learn concrete steps for getting rid of recurring thoughts that pull you off center.
- Learn the simple process for making up for critical developmental experiences that were missed earlier in life (like learning to identify your own needs, saying “no" and boundaries, learning to receive support, quieting an inner critic, letting go of mistakes).
- Unpack triggers at their root and develop a step by step strategy for eventually being less bothered by them (improving your buffer zone).
Part Two Bonus Video Content
- Being “Independent” in Relationship – Here's why that just might be counter-productive...
- The Imposter Syndrome – How the ‘false self’ develops and what's necessary to break free to find your authentic self.
What's DeCoding the Brain based on?
Based on on somatic psychology and of course, the latest insights from neuroscience. (See the thought field leaders and researchers mentioned below)
Controlling the mind the easier way...
When your mind isn't working optimally, the temptation is to fight thoughts with thoughts. I mean you're probably are a good problem solver. It's natural that "thinking" your way through to a solution has worked in the past, so why not now.
Problem is, you just can't think your way out of a charged up state of mind. The way your mind and your body works, the odds are against it.
How does this work?
Well, the connecting pathways that carry information from the body to the brain far outnumber the pathways going the other way. What this means is that you have only a 15-20% chance of “thinking” your way out of a negative mindset.
In other words, trying to “talk yourself” out of a mindset is tough when you have only 15-20% control.
So that scattered thinking, being easily distractible, having mush brain—not to mention the tightness in your chest, the knot in your tummy, or the tension in your neck . . . well it’s probably all going to stay until your body is ready to "let go".
But when you work the other way around you can rapidly change any mindset by working directly with the body. Your chances at making a fundamental change (or having a 'corrective experience') are much better when you’re working with more than 80% of the pathways associated with whatever mindset you’re working with.
What's the science behind DeCoding the Brain?
It's based on over three decades of brain research in the fields of neurobiology, developmental psychology, evolutionary biology, neurochemistry and trauma research, to name just a few.
1. Attachment theory (Bowlby & Ainsworth),
2. Polyvagal theory and the social engagement system (Porges),
3. 'Present moment' (Stern),
4. Personality development and brain plasticity (Grigsby),
5. Biology of emotion (Ledoux),
6. Affect and self-regulation theory (Schore).
Repetitions . . . changing you from the inside out!
The brain works optimally using time tested principles. When you work with the brain, other benefits follow.
Repeat the steps outlined in this Program and you will feel yourself moving towards a higher version of yourself. You'll easily land within yourself to be more present to your life. And that's always a good thing.
Now of course De-Coding the Brain won't magically rewire your brain overnight. It does take a commitment on your part.
Please know that I've used the principles and exercises to get extraordinary results with my clients for many years, and I've put it all into a format that I guarantee will help you too.
It's been my experience, professionally and as a client, that this approach is the fastest way for making lasting changes by far.
Feedback from other practitioners ...
Shrinklady has done an amazing job translating neuroscience research and what we know about body-centered therapies into a one of a kind program for clients and therapists alike. She makes it easy to see how to put these insights and techniques into practice. Learning these skills can help clients make the best use of their therapy. I know of no other program like it.
Dr. Janice Stuart, Ph.D. Registered Psychologist
Dr. LaCombe has created an innovative and comprehensive program for remapping the brain and powering up treatment effectiveness. As a fellow brain-wise therapist, I can attest to the power of her insights and techniques for helping folks shift out of stuck and into flow - mind, body, and spirit!
Dr. Carole Gaato, Ph.D. Registered Psychologist
Indeed, we are all hoping for healing relationships. The simplicity of the BCP [now called DeCoding the Brain] is deceiving, for it is very powerful. It convinced me that emotional repair and restoration is possible, even for someone with early abandonment issues.
I would recommend The Brain Coaching Program [DeCoding the Brain] absolutely for anyone wishing to escape unhelpful patterns of relating and gain mastery over old behaviours.
Thank you Shrinklady for spreading the message of hope!
Erika Moore, Registered Massage Therapist
My promise to you...
You have my 30-day Unconditional Guarantee of satisfaction. I’m confident that you’ll find DeCoding the Brain eye-opening, powerful and effective.
Personalized Service: to the degree it's possible in an online program, I want you to know you're not alone in this journey. I'll be there with you.
You will have of course have the choice of how much you want me to be there. As a rule, I'll be tracking as you move through the Program. To some extent the system will automatically prompt you at certain junctures, however, I'll be notified on certain form submissions and/or if something is going amiss.
Please know, if you don’t feel like you’re getting the value you expected, or if you’re just not able to follow through on these science-based solutions no matter how hard you try, then just click the 'Cancel' button within 30 days and I’ll refund your purchase (See below for more details).
Continue for as long as you want;
Cancel at any time or when you got what you came for
Gives me "brain space" to enjoy my life
"The BCP has pointed me in the right direction... These steps have freed up more time and also more "brain" space for me to enjoy my life NOW. Thank you for the BCP and for detailing the underlying mechanisms and processes in the body and brain!"
Used it for countless other situations
Roughly 2 years ago . . . I decided to do the Brain Coaching Program. It was one of the best things I’ve ever done, and I do mean that. Apart from it being so interesting it proved so effective and helped me in many areas. The wonderful thing was I could apply techniques and strategies taught to countless situations in my life.
Now, having been away from the program for a while, I’ve decided to return and do a complete refresher course!
Now I have tools to deal with my feelings
"The BCP is helping me understand my core self in a way never before explored and is giving me tools to move through feelings & experiences I have always thought were in control of me, triggering panic and fear that would last for days... brain based and scientific."
I know how to get out of crisis / freeze modes
"... The BCP is making a big difference in my life. Of great importance to me is how it has made me aware of, and start to understand Activation. Being aware of it. I know what to do and how to help myself, whether it be in Crisis or Freeze Modes."
Frequently Asked Questions
What does ‘Access’ mean?
As long as you remain a paid-up monthly member you have access to all content (videos, slideshows, podcasts, PDF's) including the ability to leave Comments and Questions.
The core neuroscience ideas are delivered over 4 months. For the 5 months following that period we'll go over the information at a deeper level with case studies and relevant applications to your life.
You will also continue to receive new information such as tips on using your body practice for different emotional states; motivational interviews, videos and written content (to keep you inspired 🙂
Can I leave comments or questions?
You'll find that many questions have already been answered. Below many of the videos and written content you'll find member queries and my replies. There are also numerous resources linked to much of the content. That said, I understand that questions and comments make the material relevant to members so while I cannot guarantee a timely response, once you complete your basic training you will be offered an opportunity to post questions. (At any time and for a fee you can also book to speak directly with Dr. LaCombe here.)
If this program doesn’t suit me can I ask for a refund?
YES, you can ask for a refund anytime up to 30 days from the date you register.
Please know if you do request a refund, I may also ask for your feedback to help us make the program meaningful and effective. This may include asking how the product differed from what you thought it was. (Our goal is to make this page super clear on Program details so you know exactly what you're getting.)
I sometimes get worked up and anxious. Will these techniques help me to be calmer?
ABSOLUTELY. You’ll find these tools to be indispensable, because they work. And most of them are easy to do as well. The trick is to do them consistently - that’s why I give you lots of examples and motivational tips along the way.